Rookie Ranch PLUS 2
After you’ve taken care of your dog team, fed them, spread straw down for them to rest, slip into your sleeping bag underneath the Yukon sky and watch the aurora’s dance above you.
Included in the tour:
- Introduction to sled-dogs and mushing
- Well-trained, certified guide and a team of 4 to 6 friendly huskies
- Winter gear (jacket, snow pants, warm boots, mitts available.
- sleeping bag and all camping gear needed
- Accommodation and fine home-cooked meals, continental breakfast to get your morning started
- 2 night camping on the trail with your dog team
- Out on the trail your guide will prepare you meals over your campfire
- Ground transportation
You will learn how to care for the dogs, harness and “bootie” them and handle a dog-sled
At the end of the day Rookies can help with evening feeding and share trail stories over a fine dinner.
Retreat location outside of Whitehorse in the Ibex Valley allows for spectacular Northern Lights viewing.
Personal toiletries (shampoo/body wash etc)
All expenses of personal nature
Arrive for 4pm check-in Sunday. Get acquainted with our off-grid lifestyle.
Meet your guide and sign out your gear for your trip. Let’s not waste any more time and introduce you to our family of huskies and your dog-team for your adventure. you will learn the basics of how to harness and bootie the dogs, before you will head out on the trail after lunch time for a short run.
After you tested your gear and got some practice on the sled we will head out for a full day tour. Lunch will be on the trail
Today we will have another day on the trails with our dog team or you can choose some other activities like ice fishing, wildlife preserve and hot springs
In the morning we will pack our final gear and make any last adjustments before heading out on the trails for 3 days/2nights. We will depart muktuk at around noon
Dog sled during the day and camping overnight.
Return from camping to Muktuk in the late afternoon.
Give your farewells to the dogs and prepare for checkout 11am. Transfer to the airport or to your hotel in town if you choose to explore Whitehorse a bit longer.
Available Tour Start Dates:
0seats available – Sunday, January 8th 2017 – Sunday, January 15th 2017
0 seats available – Sunday, January 15th 2017 – Sunday, January 22nd 2017
0 seats available – Sunday, February 12th 2017 – Sunday, February 19th 2017
2 seats available – Sunday, February 19th 2017 – Sunday, February 26th 2017
2 seats available – Sunday, February 26th 2017 – Sunday, March 5th 2017
0 seats available – Sunday, March 5th 2017 – Sunday, March 12th 2017
2 seats available – Sunday, March 12th 2017 – Sunday, March 19th 2017
Payment and Cancellation Policy:
Non-refundable reservation fee at time of booking – 50%
Payment of remainder 45 days before departure of trip
Cancellation 45 -21 days in advance – 50 % refund (less reservation fee)
Cancellation less than 21 days in advance – no refund
Please read and understand the waiver and health forms Agreement. You must submit these forms at least 21 days prior to trip departure.
Availability depends on weather and trail conditions. Muktuk Adventures reserves the right to cancel tour and/or offer other options which may have different rates.
In case of cancellation all payments are transferable for up to one year or the end of the following season.
We accept VISA or MASTERCARD on all deposits. Arrangements possible for Bank-transfers or Email-Transfers. INTERACT available onsite.
Minimum 2 people must be booked within this trip or subject to cancellation.
Adult prices quoted, without GST. Reduced rates available for youth and children. Prices are subject to change.
If English isn’t your first language we have guides who speak German and support crew members working with us from other countries who may be able to assist on a tour in your preferred language.
- Average temperatures at this time of winter are between -2° and – 24° Celsius / 28 to -31 degrees Fahrenheit, but extremes may be as low as -45° Celsius / -50 Fahrenheit. We ask you to bring adequate clothing to withstand these temperatures. You may buy winter clothing in Whitehorse.
- Due to variables of weather and road conditions and the needs and safety of the dogs and participants, Muktuk Adventures Ltd explicitly reserves the right to adapt the tour itinerary. Changes to the itinerary at the discretion of the guide are possible.
- Canadian law requires that you sign a ‘release of claims and waiver of liability form’ prior to participating on this trip.
- Exclusive solo-trips (or couples) available at a surcharge of 25%
- Please ensure you invest in travel insurance for your trip.