Half-Day Trip: The Takhini Express
Experience some of the most beautiful wilderness scenery on the frozen Takhini River, a historic stretch of the Yukon Quest trail. Learn the basics of mushing or, if you’d rather ride, just let us know. Suitable for participants 5 years and older. Truly a great trip for anyone. This trip can be customized for special occasions and family outings, or modified to accommodate special needs.
Here’s what you get at Muktuk:
- Beautiful, scenic and historic trails, with great photo opportunities.
- A team of very friendly, dedicated Alaskan Huskies.
- A trained and certified guide.
- Great winter gear: parka, snow pants, warm boots and mitts. Hand and foot warmers, if required.
- Instructions on how to drive your sled: how to balance, steer and brake.
- Small groups, with a maximum of 4 sleds per guide, to give you the best possible experience.
- Hot beverages and delicious snacks after the tour.
- Duration: Approximately three hours (time on sled approx 2h)— 9:30 AM and 1:30 PM departures.
- Transportation from and to downtown Whitehorse
Discounts: Please ask about discounts for youth, children and groups of more than 10 adults.
Booking details: Call OR email your booking inquiry OR select the click here to book online.
Two people booked to a sled. Surcharge for single sled request–please inquiry for more details. Groups are limited to four sleds per outing. If you have a larger group accommodations to the 4 sled limit can be made, please inquire for more details. Please book as early as possible, to ensure that you get a space. We will accept bookings up until 20:00 Yukon Time, the night before the scheduled trip.