Half-Day Trip: The Takhini Express
Experience some of the most beautiful wilderness scenery on the frozen Takhini River, a historic stretch of the Yukon Quest trail. Learn the basics of mushing or, if you’d rather ride, just let us know. Suitable for participants for 2 to 86 years! Truly a great trip for anyone (though babies tend to fall asleep!). This trip can be customized for special occasions and family outings, or modified to accommodate special needs.
Here’s what you get at Muktuk:
- Beautiful, scenic and historic trails, with great photo opportunities.
- A team of very friendly, dedicated Alaskan Huskies.
- A trained and certified guide.
- Great winter gear: parka, snow pants, warm boots and mitts. Hand and foot warmers, if required.
- Instructions on how to drive your sled: how to balance, steer and brake.
- Small groups, with a maximum of 4 sleds per guide, to give you the best possible experience.
- Hot beverages and delicious snacks after the tour.
- Duration: Approximately three hours (time on sled approx 2h)— 9:30 AM and 1:30 PM departures.
- Transportation from and to downtown Whitehorse
Discounts: Please ask about discounts for youth, children and groups of more than 10 adults. Children of age 1-4 years are FREE. Booking details: Call OR email your booking inquiry OR select the click here to book online. For more information please link to our Trip Details page. Two people booked to a sled. Surcharge for single sled request–please inquiry for more details. Groups are limited to four sleds per outing. If you have a larger group accommodations to the 4 sled limit can be made, please inquire for more details. Please book as early as possible, to ensure that you get a space. We will accept bookings up until 17:00 Yukon Time, the night before the scheduled trip.