Yukon Fall Colour Tour
Northern Lights and Fall Colors what more can you ask for
We can top that off with some amazing Huskies and some late summer paddling.
Join us for 3 nights and we will show you why the Yukon is such a special place to life. By late August the leaves start to turn the forests into golden carpets.
The mornings are cool again which will give our dogs their energy back and we will take them for a training with either on an ATV or a fat bike, the choice is yours.
By the afternoon it will be nice and warm for our paddle along the Takhini river.
After a delightful dinner it will be still light enough to go for a little stroll and watch the beavers getting ready for winter.
And last but not least the Northern Lights. The night skies will be dark enough again to see them, and this time of year you might even get to see them reflect in the Takhini River.
Your fall adventure starts right here.
Real hands on experience
Arrival day Check in the room, introduction to our off the grid life style and our dogs. Handing out cold weather clothing.
Night One: Cozy set up on our deck for guest to stay out and wait for the northern lights. Hot drinks and snacks provided. Also 2 living rooms in the house with cozy sofas and lots of interesting books to look at so guests do not have to wait in the cold.
Fall Training with the dogs, Wildlife preserve and hot springs
Day Two AM: Fall training run with the dogs. No snow yet to pull a sled so the dogs will pull a ATV. Up to 12 dogs on one ATV , educational part of how to harness and bootie the dogs, Approx. 1 hour on the ATV, after a walk with dogs to the shore of the Takhini River Lunch at the Lodge
Afternoon: Trip to the Wildlife preserve and the Hotsprings. Dinner at the Muktuk lodge again.
Night two: Another night to watch for the skies to light up with the northern lights. Use our tripods provided to get the perfect shot
half day canoe trip
Day Three am: Time to catch up on some sleep. Pm: 3 hour canoe trip on the Takhini River (two hours on water) amazing fall colours along the river, lots of beavers
Night Three: One more night to enjoy the comfort of the lodge and watch and wait for the northern lights to dance through the sky.
Time to leave
Day Four: Departure day Drop of at the airport or at a hotel in town, depending on guest arrangements. Order of Itinerary might change depending on weather and availability.
- Clothing appropriate for Fall and staying out at night ( parka, pants and boots)
- Admission to the Hot springs
- Admission to the Wildlife preserve
- ½ day tour with the dogs
- ½ day tour canoeing
- As much time as you want to spend with the dogs
- All meals (gluten free, vegan, diabetic, vegetarian……)
- Transportation from and to activities
- Transportation from and to the airport
- How to use your camera to capture the Northern lights
- Accommodation for 3 nights in true Yukon Cabin
- Flights (can be added if interested)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Trip cancellation and medical insurance
- Aug 24th 2018 until Sept 28th 2018
- Tours runs Friday to Monday or Monday to Thursday
- customized dates available please contact email@example.com
Kids 5-11: $419.40
Youth 12-17: $599.20
Departure Dates: Aug 19th until September 27th 2020
Duration: 3 nights/4 days (including arrival and departure day)