Yukon Fall Colour Tour
Real hands on experience
Day One: arrival day Check in the room, introduction to our off the grid life style and our dogs. Handing out cold weather clothing.
Night One: Cozy set up on our deck for guest to stay out and wait for the northern lights. Hot drinks and snacks provided. Also 2 living rooms in the house with cozy sofas and lots of interesting books to look at so guests do not have to wait in the cold.
Day Two AM: Fall training run with the dogs. No snow yet to pull a sled so the dogs will pull a ATV. Up to 12 dogs on one ATV , educational part of how to harness and bootie the dogs, Approx. 1 hour on the ATV, after a walk with dogs to the shore of the Takhini River Lunch at the Lodge
Afternoon: Trip to the Wildlife preserve and the Hotsprings. Dinner at the Muktuk lodge again.
Night two: Another night to watch for the skies to light up with the northern lights. Use our tripods provided to get the perfect shot
Day Three am: Time to catch up on some sleep. Pm: 3 hour canoe trip on the Takhini River (two hours on water) amazing fall colours along the river, lots of beavers
Night Three: One more night to enjoy the comfort of the lodge and watch and wait for the northern lights to dance through the sky.
Day Four: Departure day Drop of at the airport or at a hotel in town, depending on guest arrangements. Order of Itinerary might change depending on weather and availability.
- Clothing appropriate for Fall and staying out at night ( parka, pants and boots)
- Admission to the Hot springs
- Admission to the Wildlife preserve
- ½ day tour with the dogs
- ½ day tour canoeing
- As much time as you want to spend with the dogs
- All meals (gluten free, vegan, diabetic, vegetarian……)
- Transportation from and to activities
- Transportation from and to the airport
- How to use your camera to capture the Northern lights
- Accommodation for 3 nights in wilderness lodge (shared bathroom)
- Flights (can be added if interested)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Trip cancellation and medical insurance
- Aug 24th 2018 until Sept 28th 2018
- Tours runs Friday to Monday or Monday to Thursday
- customized dates available please contact email@example.com
Kids 5-11: $359.40
Youth 12-17: $479.20
Departure Dates: Aug 24th until September 28th 2018
Duration: 3 nights/4 days (including arrival and departure day)