Yukon Fall Colour Tour
Real hands on experience
Day One: (Sunday or Thursday) arrival day
Check in the room, introduction to our off the grid life style and our dogs. Handing out cold weather clothing.
Cozy set up on our deck for guest to stay out and wait for the northern lights.
Hot drinks and snacks provided. Also 2 living rooms in the house with cozy sofas and lots of interesting books to look at so guests do not have to wait in the cold.
Day Two AM:
Fall training run with the dogs. No snow yet to pull a sled so the dogs will pull a ATV. Up to 12 dogs on one ATV , educational part of how to harness and bootie the dogs, Approx. 1 hour on the ATV, after a walk with dogs to the shore of the Takhini River
Lunch at the Lodge
Trip to the Wildlife preserve and the Hotsprings. Dinner at the Muktuk lodge again.
Another night to watch for the skies to light up with the northern lights. Use our tripods provided to get the perfect shot
Day Three am: Time to catch up on some sleep. Pm: 3 hour canoe trip on the Takhini River (two hours on water) amazing fall colours along the river, lots of beavers
One more night to enjoy the comfort of the lodge and watch and wait for the northern lights to dance through the sky.
Day Four: (Wednesday or Sunday) Departure day
Drop of at the airport or at a hotel in town, depending on guest arrangements.
- Clothing appropriate for Fall and staying out at night ( parka, pants and boots)
- Admission to the Hot springs
- Admission to the Wildlife preserve
- ½ day tour with the dogs
- ½ day tour canoeing
- As much time as you want to spend with the dogs
- All meals (gluten free, vegan, diabetic, vegetarian……)
- Transportation from and to activities
- Transportation from and to the airport
- How to use your camera to capture the Northern lights
- Accommodation for 3 nights in wilderness lodge (shared bathroom)
- Flights (can be added if interested)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Trip cancellation and medical insurance
- Aug 24th 2018 until Sept 28th 2018
- Tours runs Friday to Monday or Monday to Thursday
- customized dates available please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Kids 5-11: $359.40
Youth 12-17: $479.20
Departure Dates: Aug 24th until September 28th 2018
Duration: 3 nights/4 days (including arrival and departure day)