Full-Day Trip: Takhini River Day Trip
One of our most popular tours!
This adventure follows the Takhini River up to the start of the Dawson Overland Trail, made famous during the Klondike Gold Rush. This trail is also famous as the Yukon Quest trail. Learn the basics of mushing or sit back and enjoy the ride while your guide shares insights on mushing and Yukon history. All tours can be modified or customized to fit individual needs or special occasions. Suitable for participants aged 8 to 78 years!
Here’s what you get at Muktuk:
- Beautiful, scenic and historic trails, with great photo opportunities
- A team of very friendly, dedicated Alaskan Huskies.
- A delicious lunch cooked on an open fire out on the trail.
- A trained and certified guide, with friendly, helpful staff.
- Great winter gear: parka, snow pants, warm boots and mitts.
- Hand and foot warmers on colder days.
- Instructions on how to drive your sled: how to balance, steer and brake.
- Small groups, with a maximum of 4 sleds per guide, to give you the best possible experience.
- Hot beverages and delicious snacks after the tour
- transportation from and to downtown.
- Trip insurance
Please ask about our discounts for youth, children and groups of more than 10 adults
Call OR email your booking inquiry OR select the BOOK NOW Paw above.
For more information please link to our Trip Details page.
Two people booked to a sled. Surcharge for single sled request–please inquiry for more details. Groups are limited to four sleds per outing. If you have a larger group accommodations to the 4 sled limit can be made, please inquire for more details.
Please book as early as possible, to ensure that you get a space. We will accept bookings up until 20:00 Yukon Time, the night before the scheduled trip.