Half day dog sledding
Enjoy your Yukon winter with our amazing dogs and take your family and friends for a ride of their lifetime.
Experience some of the most beautiful wilderness scenery while dog sledding in the Yukon.
Get a glimpse into the world of dog sledding, also called mushing, and feel the power and strength of your team. You will be paired up with another guest and can take turns driving your team or riding in the basket and taking it all in and snapping some memories that will last for a lifetime.
This trip can be customized for special occasions and family outings, or modified to accommodate special needs depending on availability.
Single sleds available for a surcharge. Please inquire ahead of booking.
The following is included in this half day dog sledding trip
- Beautiful, scenic and historic trails, depending on trail and snow conditions we will be using river or forest trails. (Between mid November and mid December we will be on the forest trails only. While the forest trails are super fun they require a good sense of balance and basic fitness to be able to fully enjoy them. In addition to that every participant will be driving their own dog team. No rides in the sled basket)
- A team of very friendly, dedicated Alaskan Huskies. (2 guest per team)
- A trained and certified guide.
- Instructions on how to drive your sled: how to balance, steer and brake.
- Small groups, with a maximum of 4 sleds per guide, to give you the best possible experience.
- Duration: Approximately three hours (time on sled approx 2h) 10AM and 2.00 PM departures.
- Transportation from and to downtown Whitehorse
Booking details: Call OR email your booking inquiry.
There will be an additional non refundable 6% fee for booking online.
$230pp + gst
mid November until late March
Keep in Mind
– must love dogs
– must be comfortable around large dogs
– outdoors only
– you need warm clothing
– children under the age of 12 each will need to be accompanied by an adult
– must follow safe six guidelines
– this is a physical activity comparable to cross country skiing (especially in the forest trails)
– 10 am and 2pm tour starts available
– advanced booking required
-credit card required at time of booking
– free cancellation up to 72 hours before trip starting time
– need to sign waiver release form to be able to participate
– temperature cut off -25celcius for children -35 for adults.