Full-Day Trip: Takhini River Day Trip
One of our most popular dog sledding tours!
This dog sledding adventure follows the Takhini River up to the start of the Dawson Overland Trail, made famous during the Klondike Gold Rush. This trail is also famous as it is part of the Yukon Quest trail.
Learn the basics of mushing or sit back and enjoy the ride through the winter wonderland of the Yukon.
All tours can be modified or customized to fit individual needs or special occasions. Suitable for ages older than 12 !
Here’s what you get at Muktuk:
- Beautiful, scenic and historic trails, with great photo opportunities
- 2 guest per team, one will be driving the team on riding. Opportunity to take turns
- A team of very friendly, dedicated Alaskan Huskies.
- A delicious lunch cooked on an open fire out on the trail.
- A trained and certified guide, with friendly, helpful staff.
- Great winter gear: parka, snow pants, warm boots and mitts.
- Hand and foot warmers on colder days.
- Instructions on how to drive your sled: how to balance, steer and brake.
- Small groups, with a maximum of 4 sleds per guide, to give you the best possible experience.
- Hot beverages and delicious snacks after the tour
- transportation from and to downtown.
Single sleds available for surcharge
- Trip insurance
Mid Dec – mid March
Duration: 7 hours.