Half-Day Trip: The Takhini Express
Experience some of the most beautiful wilderness scenery while dog sledding on the frozen Takhini River, a historic stretch of the Yukon Quest trail.
Get a glimpse into the world of dog sledding, also called mushing, and feel the power and strength of your team. You will be paired up with another guest and can take turns driving your team or riding in the basket and taking it all in and snapping some memories that will last for a lifetime.
Truly a great dog sledding trip for anyone. This trip can be customized for special occasions and family outings, or modified to accommodate special needs depending on availability.
Single sleds available for a surcharge. Please inquire ahead of booking.
The following is included in this half day dog sledding trip
- Beautiful, scenic and historic trails, with great photo opportunities.
- A team of very friendly, dedicated Alaskan Huskies. (2 guest per team)
- A trained and certified guide.
- Great winter gear: parka, snow pants, warm boots and mitts.
- Instructions on how to drive your sled: how to balance, steer and brake.
- Small groups, with a maximum of 4 sleds per guide, to give you the best possible experience.
- Hot beverages and delicious snacks after the tour.
- Duration: Approximately three hours (time on sled approx 2h)— 9:30 AM and 1:30 PM departures.
- Transportation from and to downtown Whitehorse
Booking details: Call OR email your booking inquiry.
There will be and additional fee for booking online.
Daily 9:30 AM and 1:30 PM mid Nov to late March
Daily 1:30pm until 4:30pm mid November until mid March
Duration: 3 hours