End of Lake Laberge to Carmacks
Canoeing through Natural Heritage – Thirty Mile River
Canoeing the Thirty Mile River with its blue-green waters and excellent fishing opportunities will be a perfect summer getaway. No previous canoeing experience is required.
The Thirty Mile River is a relatively narrow channel. It begins at the outflow of Lake Laberge and ends at the confluence of the Teslin River. Between the geological features and the cultural heritage the history is evident along the way.
Our canoeing adventure will start at Muktuk where you will spend your first night. Over a delicious meal we will discuss our adventure ahead and make sure everybody has all their personal gear they need.
The next morning we will drive to Lake Laberge (approx 30min) where we will load all our gear in a motor boat which will shuttle us to the end of Lake Laberge, this is when our canoeing trip really begins.
After a short paddle we will set up camp for the night along the shores of the Yukon, and enjoy a delicious meal cooked by our experienced wilderness guide.
The next morning we continue canoeing down the Thirty Mile River and learn about the history along the way. In total we will be paddling for 2 half days and 3 full days, the length of each day depends on weather and water conditions.
At the end of our canoeing adventure our shuttle will pick us up in Carmacks. From there is will be approx a 2 hour road. Back at our lodge another home cooked meal and a good night sleep at our lodge will round out this perfect trip.
Included in canoeing trip
- Transportation from and to airport
- 2 nights Accommodation in guest lodge or true Yukon Cabin
- Home cooked healthy meals (diabetic, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free….
- 4 nights camping along the Yukon River
- 2 x half day and 3 x full day canoeing
- As much time with our friendly dogs as you like
- fishing license
- certified wilderness/canoe guide
- camping gear incl sleeping back, therm-a rest and tent
Exclusions in canoing trip
- Alcoholic beverages
- Trip cancellation and medical insurance
- flight from and to Whitehorse