Takhini River Canoe Trip
Connect with Nature and savor the peace and quiet of the Yukon while paddling the Takhini River
The Takhini River is starting out of Kusawa Lake and empties into the Yukon River. It is a easy to paddle water with incredible views along the way. Wildlife like Moose, Bear, Elk, Wolf, Coyote and more call the shores of the Takhini River their home and you might even spot some Otters in the water. The Ibex Valley is also home to many species of birds and it will be guaranteed to see eagles on the way.
Our adventure will start right at Muktuk where you will spend your first night to get acquainted with our lifestyle, meet our doggies and getting all ready and set up for your upcoming paddling trip.
After the first night at the lodge we will drive to Kusawa Lake,Get all our gear in the canoes and hit the water. On the lake we will practice some basics of canoeing or just get back into things if you already experienced and then start of down stream to the Takhini. For the thrill seekers and experienced canoers we can paddle through the rapids, for the less experience we will portage that very short stretch of the river.
We will spend 3 nights along the shores of the Takhini where we will set up our camp and enjoy nice home cooked meals around the fire, and of course there will be one or the other dogs joining our company on this trip.
On day 4 we will be back at Muktuk where you will have another night at the lodge to share your adventures.
This adventures is perfect form Families with children. There is no experience required to participate in this trip. Small groups of max 8 guest/ 4 canoes
Large group bookings are possible upon request
- Transportation from and to airport
- Accommodation in guestroom in wilderness lodge (shared bathroom)
- Home cooked healthy meals (diabetic, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free….
- 3 nights camping along the Takhini River
- 2 x 1/2 day and 2 x full day canoeing
- As much time with our friendly dogs as you like
- fishing license
- certified wilderness/canoe guide
- Alcoholic beverages
- Trip cancellation and medical insurance
- flight from and to Whitehorse
- June 10 & June 24
- July 8 & 22
- August 5 & 19
- September 2 & 16
For customized tours or start date please contact us at email@example.com
We can supply sleeping bags and pads but if you prefer to bring your own please make sure it is rated to at least -10 and not down filled. Thermal rest are best rather then closed cell foam pads for sleeping. We have MSR Tents for the trip.
To make this trip the most comfortable and enjoyable for you we recommend to pack following
- 2-3 pairs of underwear – preferable not cotton
- long underwear
- 2-3 pairs of socks – wool socks prefered
- warm wool sweater or fleece – not cotton
- heavy weight pants for camp – heave is better to fend off mossquitos
- quick drying pants for paddling
- 2 t-shirts
- Gore-Tex Rain Gear – Breathable
- Long sleeve shirt
- Wool hat and gloves
- Neoprene paddling gloves/ socks (especially if you get cold feed easily)
- closed toe shoes for paddling
- camp shoes
- bug jacket with hood (can be purchased in Whitehorse approx $30 )
- bug spray and sun screen (we will have some but you might prefer a certain kind)
- sun hat
- sun glasses
- medication if any is needed
- tooth brush, tooth paste. soap
- Camera and spare batteries
- Headlamp is handy at night time
- Toilet kid (we will supply toilet paper and sanitizer but anything personal you would like to have)
Youth 12-17: $799.20
Departure Dates: Every 2nd Sunday June 10 – September 16.
Duration: 6 days 5 nights including arrival and departure day Advanced booking required