Takhini River Canoe Trip
Connect with Nature and savor the peace and quiet of the Yukon Summer while canoeing on the Takhini River
The Takhini River starts out of Kusawa Lake and empties into the Yukon River. It is easy to paddle water with incredible views along the way. Wildlife such as Moose, Bear, Elk, Wolves, Coyotes and many more call the shores of the Takhini River their home and you might even spot some Otters in the water as well.
Our canoeing adventure will start right at Muktuk where you will spend your first night to get acquainted with our lifestyle, meet our dogs and getting all ready and set up for your upcoming paddling trip. After the first night at the lodge we will drive to Kusawa Lake which will be the intake point of our paddling adventure.
On the lake we will practice some basic canoeing skills or just get back into things before we start paddling downstream to the Takhini River. For the thrill seekers and experienced adventurers we can paddle through the rapids, and for the less experienced we will portage that very short stretch of the river. The choice is yours.
We will spend 3 nights in total along the shores of the Takhini where we will set up our camp and enjoy tasty shore meals around the fire under the midnight sun, and of course there will be one or the other dogs joining us on this trip.
On day 4 we will be back at Muktuk where you will have another night at the lodge to share your Yukon adventures.
This adventures is perfect for Families with children. There is no experience required to paddle the Takhini River.
Small groups of max 8 guests/4 canoes, Large group bookings are possible upon request
- Transportation from and to airport
- 2 nights Accommodation in true Yukon Cabin
- access to all amenities in Wilderness lodge
- Home cooked healthy meals (diabetic, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free….
- 3 nights camping along the Takhini River
- 2 x 1/2 day and 2 x full day canoeing
- As much time with our friendly dogs as you like
- fishing license
- certified wilderness/canoe guide
- Alcoholic beverages
- Trip cancellation and medical insurance
- flight from and to Whitehorse
For customized tours or start date please contact us at email@example.com
We can supply sleeping bags and pads but if you prefer to bring your own please make sure it is rated to at least -10 and not down filled. Thermal rest are best rather then closed cell foam pads for sleeping. We have MSR Tents for the trip.
To make this trip the most comfortable and enjoyable for you we recommend to pack following
- 2-3 pairs of underwear – preferable not cotton
- long underwear
- 2-3 pairs of socks – wool socks prefered
- warm wool sweater or fleece – not cotton
- heavy weight pants for camp – heave is better to fend off mossquitos
- quick drying pants for paddling
- 2 t-shirts
- Gore-Tex Rain Gear – Breathable
- Long sleeve shirt
- Wool hat and gloves
- Neoprene paddling gloves/ socks (especially if you get cold feed easily)
- closed toe shoes for paddling
- camp shoes
- bug jacket with hood (can be purchased in Whitehorse approx $30 )
- bug spray and sun screen (we will have some but you might prefer a certain kind)
- sun hat
- sun glasses
- medication if any is needed
- tooth brush, tooth paste. soap
- Camera and spare batteries
- Headlamp is handy at night time
- Toilet kid (we will supply toilet paper and sanitizer but anything personal you would like to have)
$999pp all inclusive
Youth 12-17: $799.20
Departure Dates: Every 2nd Sunday June 10 – September 16.
Duration: 6 days 5 nights including arrival and departure day Advanced booking required