Takhini River Canoe Trip
Connect with Nature and savor the peace and quiet of the Yukon Summer while paddling the Takhini River
The Takhini River is starting out of Kusawa Lake and empties into the Yukon River. It is a easy to paddle water with incredible views along the way. Wildlife like Moose, Bear, Elk, Wolf, Coyote and more call the shores of the Takhini River their home and you might even spot some Otters in the water.
Our adventure will start right at Muktuk where you will spend your first night to get acquainted with our lifestyle, meet our dogs and getting all ready and set up for your upcoming paddling trip. After the first night at the lodge we will drive to Kusawa Lake,Get all our gear in the canoes and hit the water.
On the lake we will practice some basic canoeing skills or just get back into things before we start down stream to the Takhini. For the thrill seekers and experienced canoers we can paddle through the rapids, for the less experience we will portage that very short stretch of the river.
We will spend 3 nights in total along the shores of the Takhini where we will set up our camp and enjoy tasty shore meals around the fire, and of course there will be one or the other dog joining us on this trip.
On day 4 we will be back at Muktuk where you will have another night at the lodge to share your adventures.
This adventures is perfect form Families with children. There is no experience required to participate in this trip.
Small groups of max 8 guest/ 4 canoes Large group bookings are possible upon request
- Transportation from and to airport
- Accommodation in guestroom in wilderness lodge (shared bathroom)
- Home cooked healthy meals (diabetic, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free….
- 3 nights camping along the Takhini River
- 2 x 1/2 day and 2 x full day canoeing
- As much time with our friendly dogs as you like
- fishing license
- certified wilderness/canoe guide
- Alcoholic beverages
- Trip cancellation and medical insurance
- flight from and to Whitehorse
For customized tours or start date please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will supply large dry bags for your gear. Its important that everything is waterproofed in case of a flipped canoe. Its important to have good waterproof gear as it may be raining for extended periods. Make sure the rain gear is breathable. Cotton or jeans are no good for paddling.
We can supply sleeping bags and pads but if you prefer to bring your own please make sure it is rated to at least -10 and not down filled. Thermal rest are best rather then closed cell foam pads for sleeping. We have MSR Tents for the trip.
To make this trip the most comfortable and enjoyable for you we recommend to pack following
- 2-3 pairs of underwear – preferable not cotton
- long underwear
- 2-3 pairs of socks – wool socks prefered
- warm wool sweater or fleece – not cotton
- heavy weight pants for camp – heave is better to fend off mossquitos
- quick drying pants for paddling
- 2 t-shirts
- Gore-Tex Rain Gear – Breathable
- Long sleeve shirt
- Wool hat and gloves
- Neoprene paddling gloves/ socks (especially if you get cold feed easily)
- closed toe shoes for paddling
- camp shoes
- bug jacket with hood (can be purchased in Whitehorse approx $30 )
- bug spray and sun screen (we will have some but you might prefer a certain kind)
- sun hat
- sun glasses
- medication if any is needed
- tooth brush, tooth paste. soap
- Camera and spare batteries
- Headlamp is handy at night time
- Toilet kid (we will supply toilet paper and sanitizer but anything personal you would like to have)
Youth 12-17: $799.20
Departure Dates: Every 2nd Sunday June 10 – September 16.
Duration: 6 days 5 nights including arrival and departure day Advanced booking required